What is an implant?
Implant is simply the restoration of a lost tooth.
An artificial tooth root is planted and supported on the jaw bone, and a fixed artificial tooth is placed on it. The metal used in the implant is made of titanium, which is highly compatible with human bones. There is no metal allergy, so you can use it with confidence.
merit and demerit
- Do not scrape the remaining healthy teeth and do not sacrifice the surrounding gums
Implant bolts are planted where there are no teeth, so there is no burden on healthy teeth.
- Chewing force is much stronger than dentures
Since the bone and bolt are combined, you can bite almost like your own teeth.
- The artificial tooth itself does not become decayed
- The feeling of foreign material in dentures is large, so you can rest assured even if you are not familiar with dentures
- Even if you can't use dentures, you can use them just like your own teeth
- I don't get insurance (self-paid treatment)
- Surgery required
Surgery is required to implant the implant in the jawbone. Anesthesia gives you painless treatment. In order to prepare an environment for implant treatment before surgery, treatment for tooth decay and periodontal disease is also performed.
- The treatment period is longer than bridges
It usually takes 4-6 months, depending on the condition in your mouth and the place you are treating.
- Maintenance is required after surgery
Implants do not cause tooth decay, but can cause a disease like periodontal disease called “peri-implantitis”. In order to maintain the implant in good condition, proper brushing and regular medical examination are necessary. Carefully brush your teeth between teeth.
Naganuma dental clinic concept
If there is no tooth left, the next tooth will be tilted into the missing tooth space, the alignment of the teeth will be poor, and the risk of temporomandibular disorders will increase due to misalignment. Since chewing cannot be done properly, the secretion of saliva is insufficient and the burden on the gastrointestinal tract increases.
Artificial teeth used in implant treatments range from natural teeth to artificial teeth that can be eaten firmly even with hard objects. Please choose according to your desired lifestyle.
If you can't eat delicious food, or if you have trouble with communication because you care about your teeth, or if you can't laugh at all, let's have a smile so that you can eat delicious rice with implant treatment!